Sunday, November 9, 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania's state capitol is a popular Susquehanna Valley destination offering numerous events and activities for both families and visiting executives. Several of the areas must see activities and events are listed here.
Explore the Harrisburg area by visiting these magnificent places
Spread over 63-acres of picturesque land, this is a recreational spot on the Susquehanna River. A serene amazing place for relaxing and play. Enjoy the Pride of the Susquehanna, take the ride on a steam train and classic horse drawn carriage.
Wildwood Lake Sanctuary
Wildwood Park is located on the edge of Harrisburg. There are numerous ways one can have fun here by exploring the Nature Center, walking the trails and board walk, watching the birds, and the amazing flowers etc. Even better? It's free!
National Civil War Museum
Take a look at this historic museum. There are plenty of things to see and learn, and if anyone is interested in history, a full day will be needed to cover the entire museum.
Experience live concerts, theaters or dance performances. You can also have a look at the hands-on exhibits. You'll always find something new and exciting going on here.
Basically, it is home to a host of exciting events and throughout the year activities like agricultural shows, car shows, and other shows take place.
Miniature Statue of Liberty
Have a glimpse of the Miniature Statue of Liberty if you have not had the chance to see the real one. The statue is located off the east bank of Susquehanna River, it is worthy to visit.
Pride of the Susquehanna
This is an authentic paddlewheel riverboat owned and operating from May to November. It also offers a variety of lavish cruises. Enjoy cruising here.
Experience Exciting locations with children
You will find numerous things to do with the children in the Harrisburg area. Here are some of the attractions kids will really love:
· Hershey's Chocolate World attraction
· Wild Pennsylvania safari
· Zoo America, and North American Wildlife Park
· Amusement park: famous for the world-class Hersheypark®,
· Whitaker Center for the Science and the Arts
· Harrisburg Senators baseball team.
You will find many eclectic atmospheres along the Cocoa Avenue, with numerous shops and restaurant. For the more sports minded visit the “Bass Pro Shop” for all of the fishing and the outdoor needs located at the Harrisburg Mall.
Enjoy the Vibrant activities:
If you are with your family, this trip is bound to enhance the bond between you and your loved ones by providing activities that all will enjoy. Whether it is long vacation or weekend outdoor get away from your extended stay, you will certainly enjoy the Harrisburg area. The attractions will keep you and your family busy. If you are one who loves live performances, do not forget to check some of the live performance and concerts either at the Hershey Theatre or GIANT Center or Hersheypark Stadium. If you are lucky enough to stay here during any major holidays, do not miss the grand fireworks from the bank of the Susquehanna River
Friday, November 29, 2013
Are You In Harrisburg for an Extended Trip or Transitioning to a New Home? How Short-Term Housing Makes the Most Cents
When you travel for business and you need short-term housing in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania region, you have three choices: hotels, extended stay hotels and corporate housing. Here are some basic facts about these three possibilities:
· Hotels offer daily housekeeping services, amenities, free breakfast, and 24-hour reception. Hotel drawbacks include paying a lot for a small amount of space and no kitchen to prepare meals. Hotels are great if you’re staying in the Harrisburg region for less than a week.
· Extended stay hotels offer daily housekeeping services, provide amenities, as well as kitchenettes, including a microwave oven, coffee maker, and refrigerator. However, their drawbacks include no oven to cook meals, small space to live in, and their locations can be tough to find. If you’re coming to the Harrisburg area for two to four weeks of corporate travel, extended stay hotels are the way to go due to lower day rates and their kitchenette availability.
· Short-term housing provides a home-like atmosphere, amenities, and a full kitchen. Yet, there is no free breakfast and less frequent housekeeping. If you’re visiting the Harrisburg region for an extended period of time, then furnished apartments are the way to go.
Consider Short-Term Housing
If you’re traveling in the Harrisburg, Hershey, Mechanicsburg, or York, Pennsylvania areas, consider staying at one of the furnished apartments through Contemporary Short-Term Housing, www.csthousing.com. With Contemporary Short-Term Housing, you’ll have the choice of five different housing units, either in Harrisburg or located in its nearby suburbs. You’ll also have five different home-like settings to choose from, including townhomes, condominiums, and a loft-style apartment. All five furnished homes are near major highways, such as U.S. Route 15, I-81, I-83, and the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
Here are some amenities Contemporary Short-Term Housing provides for you:
· Utilities: HD cable TV, water, electric, sewer, trash, and in some homes, VoIP services
· Living/Dining Room: sofa, love seat, coffee table, end tables, lamps, HD television, DVD player, dining table, dining chairs, and pictures
· Kitchen: pots & pans, cooking utensils, dishes, glasses, knives, mixing bowls, placemats, napkins, silverware, cutting board, service tray, cookie sheets, bakeware, toaster, coffee maker, wine glasses, can opener, kitchen towels, microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposer, refrigerator, self-cleaning stove
· Housewares: broom, dustpan, vacuum, mop, clock radio, bath towels, comforter, blankets, hand towels, hangers, iron, washcloths, in-unit washer and dryer
Thursday, April 11, 2013
If you’re temporarily living in executive homes in Harrisburg, Pa., and you’re looking for something to do over the weekend, check out the Whitaker Center. The Whitaker Center, at 222 Market Street in Harrisburg, houses the arts and sciences for all ages under one roof.
Whether you’re a professional couple or a young family in the process of relocating, you’ll find lots to do at the Whitaker Center.
Couples Night Out
One of Whitaker’s highlights is the IMAX Theater. Starting on May 15th, “Star Trek into Darkness, an IMAX 3-D Experience,” directed by J.J. Abrams, will begin showing. Check out the IMAX Theater’s website for showings and tickets: http://www.whitakercenter.org/select-medical-imax-theater.
At the Sunoco Performance Center, couples can take in plays, concerts, and other live entertainment. In May, the Bacon Brothers, Kevin and Michael Bacon, will perform on May 4th at 8 p.m. And the play, “Urinetown,” performed by the Harrisburg Theater, runs from May 31 – June 16. This play is a satirical story about greed, corruption, love, and revolution. Call the box office at 717-214-2787 or go to http://www.whitakercenter.org/sunoco-performance-theater-performances.
Fun for Kids
The HARSCO Science Center provides three floors for kids to learn about science while having fun. A young family can enjoy an entire day or part of a day visiting the Whitaker’s Science Center. Children can try age-appropriate experiments and discover the world around them. There are seven exhibits currently on display:
- Permanent Collection – Kids can learn about physical and life sciences, along with technology, math, science and the arts.
- Backstage Studio – 1,800 square feet of exploring science and technology in movies, TV, music, and theater.
- Move It! – Learn about transportation and manufacturing; experience engineering in action.
- KidsPlace – A cityscape theme that includes exhibits and activities for kids, ages 0-5. This area includes Midtown Market, Storybook Stage, Tot Spot, Water Works, Imagination Station, Ambulance, and City Builders.
- Carnival of Health – Incorporates hands-on games that test students’ knowledge of the human body. Families can visit 10 different stations that combine physical education with hygiene, calorie counting, memory scramble, and much more.
- Forces of Nature – Kids and parents experience simulated weather events, as well as other natural forces and science that are part of our everyday lives.
- Dino Adventure – This exhibit will be at the Whitaker Center from June 1 – September 1, 2013. Come and enjoy what life was like millions of years ago with robotic, life-sized dinosaurs. The dinosaurs roar, feed, fight, and care for their young.
To learn more about the Science Center, including its hours and ticket prices, visit their website, http://www.whitakercenter.org/harsco-science-center.
Saturday, February 2, 2013
CSTH's most recent addition to our growing portfolio of exceptional corporate housing properties is a stand out in and of itself. Recently updated, this unique condominium is located within a renovated 100 year old silk mill that was converted to residential housing as part of a growing revitalization in historic York, Pennsylvania. There is no shortage of space in this approximately 1600 square foot two bedroom, two bath condominium. Exposed beam ceilings that extend up to 25 feet from the main level floor provide a level of character that has become a benchmark of Contemporary Short Term Housing properties. Five extra large ten foot high windows allow natural light to pour into the unit and make the space an extremely comfortable place to relax. Impeccably restored hardwood floors have been sanded and coated in polyurethane to provide character and style unmatched by any property in the area.
|York City Loft - Contemporary Short Term Housing|
Property amenities also include in unit laundry, gated garage, stainless steel appliances and island kitchen. A community common area provides two chef-quality gas grills, ponds and waterfalls, and plenty of seating for a large party. It is hard to imagine a property more original, comfortable, and convenient for any corporate housing stay in York, Pennsylvania. For additional information on the exceptional location, please visit the York City Loft on Contemporary Short Term Housings web site. For corporate housing in York request your quote today..